Community Rules & Etiquette, Anti-Trust, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our Online Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic rules and guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about the site, or about LIC/LOMA/LIMRA, should be addressed directly to the Site Admin via the Contact Us link at the top of each page on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules and guidelines. If you have questions, contact us. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer users; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way that adheres with LOMA's Antitrust Policy.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the Discussion groups and in the Libraries is available for all in the community and potentially outside it to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Keep in mind that these communities are a membership benefit of companies that have paid membership dues to LIC, LOMA, and/or LIMRA. They are for the use of employees of member companies and content/files should not be downloaded for distribution outside the membership.
- LIC, LOMA, and LIMRA do not necessarily actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and do not on their own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention we will take all appropriate action.
- We reserve the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the Subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject. Add relevant tags whenever possible.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link (instead of "Reply") you'll find in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or contact your Community Manager or Site Admin to update committee membership for your company.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of LIC, LOMA, and LIMRA. LIC, LOMA, and LIMRA are not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by LIC, LOMA, and LIMRA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall LIC, LOMA, or LIMRA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants LIC, LOMA, and LIMRA the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate:
- Prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale;
- Salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data;
- Market shares, sales territories, or markets;
- Allocation of customers or territories; or
- Selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
All users of this site should read and follow the entire Anti-Trust Policy.
LIC, LOMA, and LIMRA do not necessarily actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and do not on their own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention we will take all appropriate action.
We reserve the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
By using any message board, group messaging function, or social networking portions of this site, all users acknowledge that such posts and messages are accessible by third parties. Accordingly, no personal information or other sensitive information should be shared on the site. LL Global, Inc., LIMRA, LOMA , and LIC shall not be responsible for the disclosure of any material posted on any message board, group messaging function, or social networking portion of this site.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Last Modified: September 19, 2019